Sign up your team, company or group of friends for the BBQ & Blues Cook-Off!
The competition is open to everyone. The $100 entry fee includes all competition categories and up to six team members. (Additional members may enter for $10 per member.) The entry fee also includes two T-shirts. Click here to print the Cook Team Entry Form.
BBQ & Blues is part of the Alabama BBQ Trail, and the cooking competition rules follow guidelines of the Alabama Barbeque Association.
1. Trophies will be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in five categories: CHICKEN, RIBS, BOSTON BUTTS, SAUCE, and ANYTHING BUTT. The “Baldwin’s Best Q" People’s Choice Award will be chosen from samples offered. Patrons will be asked to cast their votes for $1 each, and the team that earns the most “votes” wins. Teams are asked to provide approximately 50 lbs. of meat (any kind) for tastings. Tastings will be held from 11 a.m. until all samples run out.
2. Teams may enter any and/or all categories. The meat categories for the competition are CHICKEN, RIBS and BOSTON BUTTS. The points awarded in these three categories will determine the Grand Champion. This year, the Alabama Barbecue Association will count the points for all meat categories that are cooked to determine who has the highest score for the Trail for that competition.
3. Fires shall be of wood, wood pellets, charcoal or gas. Electric heat sources shall not be permitted for cooking or holding. Electric is permitted as a fire starter, provided that the competition meat is not in/on the cooking device. Electrical accessories such as spits, augers, forced draft are permitted. No open pits or holes are permitted. Fires shall not be built on the ground.
4. Contestants shall provide all needed equipment and supplies. Safety is paramount. Any unsafe acts or safety issues identified by the Chamber Foundation (SBCF) representative will be immediately corrected. Failure to follow the directions of the SBCF representative may cause removal from the grounds. Contestants must adhere to all fire and safety codes. A fire extinguisher shall be near all cooking devices.
5. All contestants must be in place by 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 19. Grounds will be open for contestants Friday, March 18 beginning at 9 a.m. for set-up of equipment.
For more information contact Rachel Spear at email@example.com or 251-943-5550.