NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival VIP Package Contest by completing these three steps:
• “Like” the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Facebook page
• “Like” the contest post
• Leave a comment on the contest post
All entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. CDT on April 28, 2017, to be eligible for contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter are prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
Submissions should not contain any profane or vulgar material. Any such submissions will be deleted and will not be considered for the promotion.
2. START/END DATES: The Contest begins 8:30 a.m. CDT April 19, 2017 and ends 4:00 p.m. CDT April 28, 2017.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous continental United States (void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and all U.S. Territories and Possessions, and overseas military installations) and Canada (except Province of Quebec). Must be 25 years of age or older as of entry date.
Employees of the Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, website providers/webmasters, City of Foley, Alabama, and immediate family members (and those living in their same households) of each employee are not eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. Subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that they have read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS: Winner will be selected at random on April 28, 2017. Winner must respond to accept prize by April 29, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. CDT. By entering the contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded.
Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival Contest Prize Description
• One VIP Package – package includes two T-shirts, one VIP parking pass, two VIP one day passes and one festival poster. Value: $111
IMPORTANT NOTE: ROUND-TRIP TRANSPORTATION BETWEEN THE WINNER'S HOME AND THE PRIZE LOCATION IS SPECIFICALLY NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRIZE AND MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE WINNER AND HIS/HER TRAVEL COMPANIONS.
6. NOTIFICATION: Prizes will be awarded and winner will be notified by Facebook. Winners are required to respond to the notification by 4:00 p.m. CDT on April 29. If a response is not received from the selected winner during this time period, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail, telephone or email. Failure to return all forms and proof of compliance within this time period, or to comply with any other provision herein, may result in the applicable winner being disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
7. CONDITIONS: Any valuation of the prize(s) is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All federal, state and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning more than $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor and the designee(s) to use the winner's name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or any limitation.
Prize is subject to availability and restrictions. Not valid after expiration date. These prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates, its parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Contest, any prize won, or in any Contest-related activity. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. In its sole determination, Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Contest or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person. Should any portion of the Contest, in Sponsor's sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest and randomly select winners from valid Internet entries received prior to such action.
In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce will be final and binding in the awarding of the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival contest prize.
In event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same Facebook account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to enter the Contest. The potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
10. Indemnification: By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Global Marketing Solutions LLC, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, members, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and the officers, directors, members, employees and agents of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to their breach of these Official Rules or any use of that entrant’s photo, including but not limited to claims for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringement or appropriation, any claims for violation of privacy or publicity rights, or any claim that the photo and/or caption violates any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
11. LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain the name of the prize winners (available after winner confirmation is complete) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce, Attn: Special Events Coordinator, Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival Contest, P.O. Box 1117, Foley, AL 36536. (Please specify Official Winners' List or Official Rules.) Residents of VT may omit return postage on Official Rules request. Requests for winners' names must be received within 45 days of close of contest.
SPONSOR: The Contest Sponsor is South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1117, Foley, Alabama 36535.