2021 Baldwin County Homebuilders Association Fishing Tournament
All proceeds benefit the Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center/CARE House
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
2021 TOURNAMENT RULES:
- Time and Place: Tournament will start at safe light on Saturday, June 5, 2021, and end at 2:00 pm unless otherwise noted. Headquarters and weigh-in-station will be held at American Legion Hall, 700 South Mobile St., Fairhope, AL.
- Categories: Speckled Trout, White Trout, Flounder, Redfish, and Tripletail.
- Tickets: Tickets are $40.00 per person or $20.00 age 18 and under. All persons in the boat must have a tournament ticket. Pier fishermen are welcome to participate.
- Conservation: Applicable state and federal laws (including fishing license) will be strictly adhered to in this tournament.
- Weigh-in: Only one fish entry per category will be allowed per angler. Fish entries can be weighed between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 pm on Saturday, June 5, 2021, at the American Legion Hall, 700 South Mobile Street, Fairhope. Entries must have weigh-in ticket before 2:00 PM, no exceptions. The area will be clearly marked. You can launch anywhere as long as you fish in Alabama waters. Anglers must have their ticket stub to accompany their entry. All Redfish will be required to adhere to Alabama State Creel and Size Limits: 16” min – 26” max TL 3 per person. Each Redfish will only be measured with its head to the left of the UPC Weigh Master and the fish’s belly facing the Weigh Master. Fish measured on this singular side only. No angler may intentionally try to manipulate the weight or length of any Redfish including large amounts of ice intended to “shrink” a fish, trimming its tail, dropping it on its nose or placing any objects down the fish’s throat. Spit-up objects, crabs, fish, etc. may not be placed back in fish for weighing. UCP Weigh Masters reserve the right to refuse any Redfish deemed to have been altered (accidentally or intentionally) and/or damaged sufficiently to make determining the exact length of the fish’s overall tail non-conclusive. Fish with abnormal, severely damaged (healed over or not) or deformed tails will not be accepted, regardless of length. Only fish with a majority of its tail (especially the top portion) intact, normal in appearance, and having no fresh cuts, bleeding or damage, and appears to be a “normal” tail when perfect pincher is applied will be accepted. No spoiled or rotted fish will be accepted in any category. Entries that have been handled in an unsportsmanlike manner will be disqualified. All entries must be caught on hook and line during the tournament hours, not before safe light on June 5, 2021.
- Tie Breaker: In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed at the tournament scales shall determine the winner. Entry times will be recorded by the Weigh-In Committee on a “first come, first served” basis.
- All decisions by the Rules Committee are final: Any matter not specifically covered by these rules may be decided by (and to the sole discretion of) the Rules Committee.
- Awards: Prizes will be given in each of the five categories from First through Third Place.
- Awards Presentation: Immediately following the tournament, proceed to the Awards area at American
- Legion Hall, 700 South Mobile St., Fairhope, AL at 2:00 pm, June 5, 2021. All tournament awards will be distributed to the winners. If you are unable to attend the awards presentation, you may claim your prize by contacting the BCHBA office at 251-928-9927.
- Liability: Baldwin County Home Builders Association, Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center, tournament committee members and volunteers shall not be liable for any bodily injury or damage to personal property before, during, or after this tournament.
- Purpose: The proceeds from this tournament are used to fund services and resources for child victims of sexual abuse and severe physical abuse and for their supportive, non-offending family members throughout Baldwin County.