Summary Job Statement: The Merchandiser Trainee is assigned to select accounts and maintains the relationship and success of these accounts.
Schedule: Schedule will vary
- Coordinate with Bulk Drivers for drop off or stock/ pick up of damages and out of dates.
- Initiate and keep up with a sales plan for assigned accounts.
- Keep up with credits, out of dates and damages.
- Build displays and keeps the stores clean.
- Sell new equipment to accounts.
- Gain additional floor space.
- Stock shelves and Displays/Racks. Keeping all areas clean
- Merchandise product.
- Maintains storage area of accounts.
- Build relationships with customers.
- Ability to work with a hand-held device and other technology.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to speak professionally to customers in a business environment.
- Must meet the Dress Code/ Grooming Policy for a Uniformed Employee in a customer facing role.
- Must have reliable transportation – Employee will drive their own cars on the routes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record and in compliance with the CCBCU fleet policy.
- Must be able to operate a manual or motorized pallet jack.
- Must be available to work long and irregular hours.
- Must execute all job duties in a safe working manner.