Computer Aided Drafting Specialist
The purpose of the CAD Specialist is to produce CAD drawings under the auspices of all EMC Department Engineers and under the direction of the EMC General Manager as directed. The CAD designer is also responsible for the organization and management of all drawing systems within the EMC Department. Based on business and customer needs, you may be reassigned from time to time to perform a different job. If so, you will be required to meet the job requirements in the job description for that specific job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works closely with EMC Engineering and Maintenance Team to provide Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting support as needed for facility, plants and equipment.
2. Performs necessary maintenance and troubleshooting with AutoCAD and Autodesk products to manage facility drawing files and maintain their organization.
3. Maintains Vulcan Drawing Catalog of archived AutoCAD documents, paper drawings and record of current and completed work for later review, revision and analysis.
4. Makes mathematical computations using standard formulas, simple revisions to existing drawings and produces complex revisions from sketches or verbal specifications to clearly depict the desired product required.
5. Provides engineering design support to Project Engineers in making effective design concept selections, specifying products and producing detailed designs, meeting current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
6. Assists Engineers and Maintenance Manager in identifying improvements in existing equipment, existing products, procedures, and processes with cost effective solutions. Designs CAD drawings of undocumented parts as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
7. Plans and formulates presented concepts and ideas into CAD drawings and then manages these drawings from inception to completion within the guidelines established by the EMC Engineers and General Manager.
8. Prepares designs, drawings, and plans as necessary for projects and engineered systems as directed, ensuring all modifications are reflected and documented on the appropriate drawing(s).
9. Works with and supports all the EMC team members.
Years of Experience and Qualifications:
5 Years of engineered drafting experience in a maintenance/manufacturing setting required.
Associates Degree in CAD and or Drafting and Design required.
Ability to collect raw design data, establish facts and draw conclusions necessary to create drawings as needed.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, PC software packages (MS PowerPoint, Excel) and applicable engineering tools.
Proven skills of managing Computer Aided Drafting projects from start to completion.