Certified Police Officer Position
The Town of Elberta is now accepting applications for the position of Certified Police Officer through the Alabama Peace Officers Standards & Training Commission (APOSTC) or an applicant that is qualified through the Lateral/Refresher Program through APOSTC (see the requirements at https://www.apostc.alabama.gov). Qualified candidates would include but not limited to individuals that are currently or were certified as law enforcement officers in other states or by the Federal Government.
- Alabama Police Officer Standards and Training (APOST) CerJfied or CerJfiable. Out of State or Federal Employee Applicants are welcome to apply and will be required to attend a 3-week Lateral/Refresher Academy.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass APOST Physical Standards which include:
- Successful Polygraph ExaminaJon
- Successful Psychological ExaminaJon
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Writing Skills
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
Job Description: As an officer for Elberta you will be required to conduct patrol duties within the police jurisdiction of the town. Patrol Officers are expected to effectively initiate and follow up on misdemeanor and felony crimes. Officers are basically their own boss during their shift and are expected to always conduct themselves in a professional manner. Elberta PD averages approximately 1 to 3 calls per 12-hour shift. Therefore, officers are expected to be proactive in the areas of close patrols, traffic enforcement, and making citizen contacts.