The Team Member is a business partner responsible for fulfilling the purpose of Whataburger by promptly ensuring each customer’s experience meets or exceeds expectations. The Team Member fulfills these expectations by guaranteeing each customer a hot, freshly-prepared product, of the highest quality ingredients; made to order and promptly served in a comfortable, clean, friendly restaurant.
To begin the path for career success at Whataburger Team Members will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certification in specific stations associated with the position.
- Provide Whataburger quality service to all customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately explain the “Whataburger Difference” to customers.
- Effectively communicate with management in a timely manner regarding scheduling issues.
- Recognize and communicate customer service problems to management.
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines including personal safety, equipment use, and food handling and storage.
- Notify management of any equipment malfunctions.
- Ensure all products are prepared according to Whataburger quality standards.
- Properly stock inventory using First-In/First-Out (FIFO).
- Clean the customer service areas by following the proper procedures as directed by the management person on duty, including outside landscaping, building entrances, dining room tables and condiment stations, restrooms, and food production and storage units.
- Achieve certification at the specific stations associated with a position as well as cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility with all Company assets and following company cash handling policies.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Experience: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
Knowledge: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively.)
- 0-6 months experience in general industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain an effective working relationship with management and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Education: (Minimum formal education the job requires.)
- Some knowledge of the organization and its functions
- Some knowledge of working practices, procedures and techniques.
Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job effectively.)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push.
- Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts, etc.)
- Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Previous experience in the restaurant industry.
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)