CDL Driver Needed
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for arriving promptly each day to obtain delivery tickets or manifests for day’s schedule.
- Required to make deliveries to customer that may require an overnight stay.
- Responsible for pulling appropriate zone ring for day’s tote deliveries. Check zone king to ensure proper keys are on the ring. Report missing keys to Plant Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring your TESA key card is updated.
- Required to inspect your assigned vehicle for unsafe conditions prior to leaving for the daily deliveries. Ensure inspection is completed in timely manner to satisfy daily delivery schedule. Required to report issues and/or unsafe conditions to Plant Manager as soon as possible.
- Visually inspect assigned vehicle for any damages, dents, scratches or obvious physical damages and note on the pre-trip form. Submit damages form to Plant Manager prior to daily deliveries.
- Must ensure assigned vehicle as adequate fuel to complete daily deliveries. If fuel is consistently low, report to Plant Manager.
- Required to load assigned truck with daily deliveries and ensure load is secured inside of the cargo bay. Each driver is responsible for their own load and its safety.
- Responsible for ensure a two-wheel dolly in available and on truck each day to complete assigned deliveries.
- Responsible for leaving the plant on time and completing assigned deliveries in a timely, efficient manner.
- While traveling, your safety and the safety of the vehicle is your responsibility. Drive with caution and show courtesy to other drivers and pedestrians at all times.
- Required to load and unload wheeled linen carts each day.
- Required to consistently behave and interact in a courteous, professional manner when entering a business or guest unit. Remember, you represent our company each time you interact with customers, owners, guest, etc.
- Responsible for answering questions fully and in a courtesy manner. If unable to answer questions fully, communicate with Production Manager immediately for assistance. Stay actively involved with issue until situation is satisfactorily resolved.
- Communicate immediately with management of Starr if problems occur such as vehicle accidents, vehicle damages, l locked doors, no dirty totes to pick up, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all manifests are completed fully prior to leaving a business or unit and notations are provided of any issues, etc.
- Upon returning to plant, unload vehicle, if necessary, return carts and stack totes in the appropriate area.
- If issued a company phone, return phone to business office prior to departure.
- Required to return zone ring keys to key board, sign manifests and remove all personal items from assigned vehicle. Vehicle must be clean and ready for next day’s deliveries.
- Participate in safety meetings with entire staff when scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent driving record with no major traffic violations within past three (3) years.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interrupt technical manuals.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends during peak season and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL with Class A License required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience driving commercial vehicle.
- Previous experience with industry specific software preferred.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat for up to 8 hours or more. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of 8 hours or more. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- Employee must be able to climb on top of machinery in a safe and secure manner.
- Employee is required to lift and/or more machinery covers, as needed.
- Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
- Employee must be able to distinguish colors to separate whites/colors and detect stains or soiled goods.
- Employee may be subject to moderate levels of noise.
- Employee must be able to work at a repetitive, short-cycle operation requiring some judgment.
- Ability to work long hours under emergency situations in order to restore equipment malfunctions.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Employee must pass an ADOT physical.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.