Essential Job Duties:
- Provide the highest level of service as you assist the guest’s request to check in or check out of Meyer properties. Complete the check in or check out process efficiently while responding to guest’s questions and/or concerns.
- Responsible for accessing guest’s account to verify guest information such as arrival and departure dates as well as special requests. Issue keys, parking passes and collect payment while guest in present.
- Provide guests with information about their unit, available amenities such as swimming pools, saunas, etc. and also provide travel and local vacation information.
- Responsible for answering telephone calls and provide the highest level of service as you assist the guest’s inquiries on Meyer properties. Inquiries include but are not limited to available units, unit amenities, local activities, weather, etc. Determine the guest’s vacation requirements and attempt to match with available properties.
- Proactively listen and research guest’s concerns or issues and focus on creating a win/win outcome for the guest and the company.
- Provide administrative support to Guest Relations Manager to ensure all tasks and duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing daily arrival and departure reports.
- Responsible for production of check-in packages.
- As requested by Guest Relations Manager, print and distribute daily reports.
- As needed, print and verify daily arrival and departure reports.
- As needed, deliver requested items such as keys, parking pass, household items, etc. to guests upon request.
- As needed, perform routine housekeeping duties to guests upon request.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Make It Happen attitude.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to learn company specific software.
- Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends during peak season and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in business office environment with strong emphasis on customer service and office organization.
- Previous experience with vacation rental management software preferred.
- Sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Must be able to work in coastal climate conditions.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.