Housekeeping Team Lead and Trainer
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist Housekeeping Manager with daily preparation, scheduling, and participate in various training programs for housekeeping staff.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager in monitoring housekeeping records for quality of cleans and take appropriate actions when standards are not met.
- Consistently coach housekeeping staff on re-cleans and provide appropriate direction to correct substandard cleanings issues.
- Complete inspections previous to owner arrivals to ensure cleaning standards are met.
- Complete inspections of rental properties following the housekeepers to ensure cleaning standards are consistently met.
- When necessary prepare first report of injury reports and forward to Human Resource Department.
- When needed, prep rental properties for housekeepers arrival to facilitate an efficient clean during our peak season.
- Perform general property inspections for all seized damages. Record and report issues with carpets and replacements needed for properties.
- Proactively communicate with guests and owners when housekeeping concerns are reported and remain involved until satisfactory resolution is reached.
- As needed, responsible for transporting multiple housekeepers to and from units.
- As needed, deliver and place laundry in units.
- As needed, deliver replenishment inventory items to guest when requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups or individually.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends and holidays during peak season.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a high school education.
- Required to attend and successfully complete an orientation and training program.
- Supervisory experience in a commercial setting is required. Experience in vacation rental industry helpful but not required. Some general housekeeping experience and familiarity with use of household appliances and cleaning equipment needed. Experience in OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.
- Previous experience with vacation rental management software preferred.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.