Essential Job Duties
- Receive work order assignments from Maintenance Manager. Review and assemble parts supplies and tools necessary to handle the mix of assignments.
- Work closely with Executive Housekeepers, Guest Service Inspectors, Housekeepers and Maintenance staff on issues related to providing and/or issuing keys for cleaning and inspecting units. Assist with kaba locks issues.
- If assigned a company service vehicle, perform inspection and complete vehicle daily log. Using the most cost-effective route, proceed to assigned properties and perform scheduled or assigned procedures as required to meet the specific tasks or correct the reported deficiencies. Document all actions taken on work order form.
- Notify Maintenance Manager when assignment requires outside vendor or assignment to a Meyer Real Estate specialist. Document actions taken on work order and turn in to designated personnel so work orders can be updated.
- Document all complete work orders and submit to Billing Clerk for processing. Complete daily logs and batch reports.
- Replenish parts and supplies used in daily duties. Inventory vans and/or parts rooms and report shortages to the Maintenance Manager.
- Using established procedures, evaluate assignments, make reports, perform scheduled services and communicate immediately those assignments that are beyond your skill level or which requires outside vendors.
- Document actions taken and submit completed work orders to Billing Clerk for processing.
- When necessary, replace filters in air conditioning units per the direction of Maintenance Manager.
- When necessary, deliver items to housekeepers, QA’s and in-field maintenance
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups or individually.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends and holidays during peak season.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- All Maintenance Technicians are required to complete an orientation and training program prior to being assigned a regular schedule. Ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a high school education. Reading, writing, numerical comprehension skills are essential. Use of cellular and two-way phones is required. Ability to utilize multiple computer systems such as RMS and MIS are required. ?
- Minimum 1 years of experience in field service and/or maintenance technician required.
- General residential maintenance experience and familiarity with use of common tools and equipment are required.
- Experience using hand tools, electric saws, drills, surface sanders, wet/dry vacuums, washers, ladders, etc. are required.
- Locksmith experience is preferred.
- Some general housekeeping experience and familiarity with use of household appliances and cleaning equipment needed.
- Experience in OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.
- Previous experience with vacation rental management software preferred.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Must be able to stand in one area for an extended period of time.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.