Essential Job Duties:
- Required to answer an average amount of calls and convert an average amount of calls into revenue-generating reservations through excellent customer service based on daily and seasonal call volume.
- Actively listen to guest and patiently review homes and/or condos i.e. layout of rooms, amenities, locations, rates, room size, etc. to ultimately convert the call to a reservation.
- Consistently strive to develop a good relationship with the guest to ensure call is converted and also ensure guest contacts Meyer for upcoming reservations.
- Be self-motivated and apply all available time to improving knowledge of Meyer’s properties, company software and sales techniques.
- As needed, return phone calls to guests for additional information and offer additional services not discussed during the initial phone call.
- Actively communicate with guests in person or by telephone to discuss requests for service, concerns, complaints, etc. Listen and then research pertinent information to determine accuracy of guest concerns and complaints to determine responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Make It Happen attitude.
- Strong, clear diction and good telephone voice.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends during peak season and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with customer service, sales, and switchboard services.
- Previous experience with vacation rental management software preferred.
- Sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Must be able to work in coastal climate conditions.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.