Warehouse Technician I
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining safe and clean work environment by organizing shelves, pallet area, docking area and work stations; complying with set procedures, policies and rules.
- Organize warehouse linen bins, load and unload bins and inspect the quality of linens
- Load and deliver dirty linens to Starr.
- Transfer laundry chain of custody to and from facility by completing necessary paperwork.
- Place orders for requested linen items from laundry facility.
- Maintain the chemical stations by replenishing products as needed and ensuring a safe, clean area.
- Maintain complete inventory of warehouse items.
- Process inventory orders from Guest Service staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory control of housekeeping, inspectors, and maintenance techs vendor keys.
- Complete inventory forms for deep clean laundry items and linen received. Transfer deep clean laundry to and from units.
- Assist housekeepers, inspectors, maintenance techs, key room, etc. by delivering requested items to units.
- Maintain delivery vehicle by completing preventive maintenance as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups or individually.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends and holidays during peak season.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- High school education with some college preferred.
- Reading and numerical comprehension skills sufficient to utilize interactive touch-screen computer system is essential.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Previous experience with vacation rental management software preferred.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.