The purpose of the Customer Service Representative position is to process orders, prepare correspondences and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
Education: High School Diploma / GED
Experience: 1 year(s) required in Customer Service in an office environment and have sales experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and have excellent communication skills.
Ability to assist customers in determining products, needs, specifications and other important information.
Ability to effectively use applicable job related software.
Knowledge of basic accounting procedures as they pertain to AR/AP functions, purchasing and vouchering.
Proven problem solving abilities as they pertain to order processing and customer service functions.
Strong communication skills with the ability to convey product important information effectively and accurately.
1. Gains an understanding of how to determine costs for quoting purposes.
2. Maintains and updates a detailed database of all customer information regarding transactions with Vulcan ensuring that all information is current and accurate.
3. Develops a working knowledge of products and services offered by Vulcan.
4. Performs various administrative/customer service related functions when needed that include data entry, answering/routing telephone calls and providing other administrative/customer sales and service support.
5. Receives, researches and answers customer inquiries/complaints regarding status checks, changes, adjustments, cancellations and damaged materials while working to determine, with the Sales Manager, a workable solution.
6. Assists customers in the ordering process such as helping them with specifications, explanations of new or existing products, quoting, design, review and approvals that are pertinent to sales.
7. Makes follow up contact with new or existing customers who have received quotes or product information ensuring that requested information is provided and all concerns and questions are addressed.
8. Maintains communication with the Sales Manager and other applicable contacts regarding customer sales/service activities and any changes or updates that may be required.
9. Gains a basic understanding of production processes and capabilities.
10. Demonstrates a basic understanding of the capabilities of PLEX Manufacturing Software.
11. Performs other additional functions as assigned or needed.