The purpose of the Quality Manager position is to support the Vulcan Aluminum Rolling Mill in development and implementation of a Quality Program to include ISO certification. This position will also be responsible for process improvements, product integrity and assisting the Sales Department with customer needs.
This position consists of working in a plant environment, which can include walking/standing or working at a computer for long periods of time. Essential functions are generally completed in an environment that can range in temperatures, noise levels, and hazards with caution needed and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and protocols carefully followed. The position may be required to lift an average of 50 pounds with or without assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and implements a Quality Control Program throughout the Mill, up to and including becoming ISO certified.
2. Responsible for assuring the quality requirements of the Mill customers by both understanding customer needs and maintaining process systems that sustain product integrity.
3. Works closely with Manufacturing, Sales and the Engineering, Maintenance and Compliance (EMC) Department.
4. Overall responsibility for Lab and all related testing. This position leads in the development of individual annealing recipes for customer requirements while understanding end-use applications.
5. Aids in the development of process and statistical controls throughout the Mill.
6. Provides process support, customer support and product development support in producing coil and sheet products.
7. Supports and adheres to Vulcan, Inc. policies and safety rules.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelors degree in Business Administration or comparable degree from an accredited college or university.
2. 5 Years Quality Management Required.
3. 1 Year Aluminum Metallurgical experience Preferred.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
5. Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
6. Aluminum rolling and annealing experience.
7. Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
8. Quality systems and experience in ISO.
9. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
10. Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.