Quality Manager- Vulcan Aluminum Mill
The purpose of the Quality Manager position is to support the Vulcan Aluminum Rolling Mill in development and implementation of a Quality Program to include ISO certification. This position will also be responsible for process improvements, product integrity and assisting the Sales Department with customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements a Quality Control Program throughout the Mill, up to and including becoming ISO certified.
2. Responsible for assuring the quality requirements of the Mill customers by both understanding customer needs and maintaining process systems that sustain product integrity.
3. Works closely with Manufacturing, Sales and the Engineering, Maintenance and Compliance (EMC) Department.
4. Overall responsibility for Lab and all related testing. This position leads in the development of individual annealing recipes for customer requirements while understanding end-use applications.
5. Aids in the development of process and statistical controls throughout the Mill.
6. Provides process support, customer support and product development support in producing coil and sheet products.
7. Supports and adheres to Vulcan, Inc. policies and safety rules.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
High School Diploma / GED
5 year (s) required in Quality Management Required.
1 year (s) preferred in Metallurgy
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Aluminum rolling and annealing experience.
Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
Quality systems and experience in ISO.