At Compass we combine a laid back beach vibe with a hyper-productive media company. The result? A fun, creative, energetic, showcase-your-skills kind of office where you can grow and challenge yourself, roll up your sleeves, and play a key role in the success of a team.
Are you who we are looking for?
Our company is looking for a marketing guru who will put her or his skills to work to assist in the growth of our sales channels. That means being a sponge to learn and absorb the info about what we do and who we work with. Then taking that knowledge and turning it into effective sales tools.
The successful candidate will be working closely with management and with a fast-paced, need-it-yesterday kind of sales force. We aren’t going to sugar coat it; we need a multi-tasking, super organized, think-on-your-feet person.
And of course our ideal candidate will have all those buzz word characteristics you’ve come to expect from a job posting: effective communications, positive attitude, strong work ethic, self motivation and on down the list.
To be detailed about it, our marketing manager will be expected to:
- Develop strategies and tactics promote our company and drive qualified traffic to our sales team
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels – content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, and much more
- Development or co-development of proposals and RFP responses in InDesign, Powerpoint and Word formats.
- Identify, research, and report on competitive threats, opportunities and competitive rates.
- Oversee creation and delivery of all marketing materials including collateral, tradeshow materials and booths, company websites and social presence
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Assist in developing and training sales reps on all digital tactics
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
- Oversee involvement in community events
- Be in charge of marketing budget and allocate/invest funds wisely
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
Does your resume include the following?
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Good taste, a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Are you the right person for our team? Is our company the right fit for you? Get in touch and let’s start talking. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.