Bilingual Workforce Development Specialist I (Spanish/ English)
Link to apply - https://www.vscyberhosting3.com/telamon18/Careers.aspx?req=2020%3aAL05-002&type=JOBDESCR
Email Resumes to - Jmartin@telamon.org
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: Recruits and enrolls customers by coordinating with and accessing a wide range of community contacts and resources and engaging them in the recruitment process. Engages customers in developing and reaching realistic and achievable long- and short-term goals, engaging them in assessing their needs and strengths, and supporting them in taking actions to reach their goals.
1. Provides information and education to the community and employers about available Agency programs. This can be done in-person, by telephone or a group presentation format.
2. Recruits possible clients and identifies qualified participants.
3. Administers and evaluates assessments to determine barriers, needs, strengths and weaknesses as well as identify career goals.
4. Completes the enrollment process.
5. Provides services to eligible clients including training, assisting with job searches, providing job readiness activities and resume writing.
6. Provides career counseling including helping to set realistic employability goals.
7. Creates and maintains records including attendance reports and financial tracking.
8. Prepares training contracts.
9. Performs case management duties including monitoring and documenting client progress.
10. Builds strong partnerships with local agencies/members to gain employment opportunities for clients.
11. Assists clients in finding and benefiting from community resources. Partners with other resource agencies.
12. Maintains confidentiality.
13. May perform general office administrative work including completing and submitting client invoices, purchases orders, vouchers etc.
14. Attends workshops and conferences
15. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others.
Qualifications: • A Bachelor's Degree is required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of 6 months of experience.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
• Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
• Bilingual ability is required.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Work is performed both in an office environment and outside.
• Driving/sitting for prolong periods of time.
• Standing and walking for prolong periods of time.
• Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to dust and dirt.
• Where applicable, may work conducting outreach and recruiting customers in farm fields.
• Sitting walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to30 lbs.), carrying, pushing and climbing.
• Keyboarding and data entry, use of the telephone.
• Conduct outreach and home visits to customer residences, exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
• May travel 25-50% of the time, locally to conduct outreach, to attend conferences in and outside of the state, some travel may be for approximately a week.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V