Academy Sports + Outdoors
$12 - $17 an hour - Full-time, Part-time
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred.
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets.
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skillsets; fishing and hunting experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service to all team members and customers.
Physical Requirement & Attendance:
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties